Keywords: One pill killers, pediatric (PubMed Search)
Posted: 8/17/2016 by Hong Kim, MD, MPH
Click here to contact Hong Kim, MD, MPH
In pediatric population, small dose or single pill ingestion can potential result in severe or lethal toxicity.
Clinicians should be mindful of potential toxicity following xenobiotic exposure (below) in pediatric population, especially under the age of 5 years old, even if the patient may initially appear asymptomatic.
Suspected ingestion of above medications/xenobiotics may warrent observation up to 24 hours in asymptomatic pediatric population.
Download the UMEM Pearls App!
Subscribe to daily UMEM Pearls (FREE!) via: