The University of Maryland Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking highly motivated, hardworking candidates for its Research Scholars Program.
This unique program combines clinical observation and shadowing, research projects, and emergency medicine education opportunities. It provides the candidates with individual mentoring and preparation for the applications process, including help with their CVs and interview skills. In short, it better prepares the candidates for embarking on an emergency medicine residency in the US by familiarizing them with different aspects of emergency medicine, therefore making them more desirable candidates and smoothing their transitions into residency.
The candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
1. Fluency in spoken and written English (TOEFL or ISLETs tests are preferred but not necessary)
2. Passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK, with Step 2 CS scheduled or completed.
3. Have a strong interest in and commitment to a career in Emergency Medicine
The candidates will be expected to do the following:
If you are interested, kindly send the following documents to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum Vitae
- Internship certificate and graduation certificate
- Personal Statement (limited to one page)
- USMLE results
- 2 recommendations (preferably from emergency medicine faculty)
- Document of affiliation with SACM (such as financial guarantee and/or SACM ID)
Application starts March 6th, 2018
Application deadline April 6th, 2018
Interviews will be April 17th, 2018
Program start date is June 1st, 2018
Danya Khoujah, MBBS
|Amal Mattu, MD
Research Scholars Program